The most important requirement for VIOSO Anyblend ist the graphics card of your PC.
Anyblend uses the calibrations made by VIOSO Calibrator and embeds this data directly onto the displaying system. We call this feature hooking. There are different ways for calibration hooking:
- Hardware-based hooking. On this level the warping and blending data is imported directly into graphics processing unit (GPU). This hooking mode requires to use professional series of graphics cards.
- Desktop hooking. This embedding mode applies the calibration data onto Windows display configuration. For this mode it is required to have Windows 7 as operation system with Aero Theme activated.
- Application hooking. We can provide an API or plugin for individual applications. Note that this might involve extra coasts for development time. For a list of supported applications click here.
We recommend to go with hardware-based hooking whenever possible.
Desktop hooking without dedicated hardware support is only available on Windows 7!
Our recommendation in a nutshell:
- Use NVIDIA Quadro based system whenever possible. This results in the greatest flexibility in number of projectors and supports all use cases. All current Quadro GPUs (from P series) have the capability to run warp & blend.
- If NVIDIA Quadro is not an option, you need to stick with Windows 7 and need to double check if the designated Windows application runs without interfering Windows Aero.
This table shows the capabilites of the different PC configuration that we encounter actually:
|graphics card series||EDID Emulation
||Display spanning||GPU hooking technology||Desktop hooking*||3D Stereo
|API / application
|Supported Operation System||supported graphics card|
|PROFESSIONAL DEDICATED GRAPHICS CARDS|
Windows 10 (build 1803!)
|Learn more about NVIDIA Quadro GPU driver and feaure support|
|CONSUMER LEVEL DEDICATED GRAPHICS CARDS|
|Surround||Win7/Aero||Wndows 7 only|
|Eyefinity||Win7/Aero||Wndows 7 only|
|INTEGRATED GRAPHICS PROCESSORS AND OTHER SOLUTIONS
|Win7/Aero||Wndows 7 only|
|All other graphics solutions||Win7/Aero||Wndows 7 only|
*) Requires Windows 7 and an Aero Theme activated. Does not support native fullscreen applications!
**) Require extra programming / extra cost
Please use the free demo version of VIOSO Anyblend and try it on your designated PC configuration. Test it also with the third party application you want to use on the blended desktop.