Embedding warping and blending into the operating system is a very specific task. Keeping track of all developments on Windows as well as on GPU vendor's side is the daily business of VIOSO.
Unfortunately, with the introduction of Windows 10 the support for GPU embedded warping and blending has gotten way more complex so that there is not a "use this driver and everything works" recommendation. In fact, each GPU configuration (single GPU, multi GPU, with or without preview monitor, etc.) must be handled individually regarding the selection of appropriate GPU driver.
This table and comments show the current state of knowledge and experience. It is related to Anyblend 5 and Anyblend 5 VR&SIM and covers only NVIDIA QUADRO GPUs as the only platform that is supported by VIOSO Anyblend 5.
|Windows Version||GPU Series||GPU Driver Version||1 Mosaic mode||1 Mosaic portrait mode||1 Mosaic + extra Monitor||Multi GPU 1 Mosaic||Multi GPU 1 Mosaic + extra Monitor||Multi GPU Multi Mosaic||Multi GPU portrait||Known Issues|
|R430||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||driver not working|
|10 Build 1803||P series||R418||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(5)||(f)|
|10 Build 1803||P series||R410||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(6)||(e)|
|10 Build 1803||P series||R390||YES||YES||YES(7)||YES(5)||YES(7)(5)||YES(5)||YES(6)||(e)|
|10 Build 1803||M series
(M4000 or better)
|10 Build 1803||K series
(K5000 or better)
|10 Build prior 1703||all||all||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||NO||(c)|
|7 SP3||P series||R390||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES||YES(5)||YES(6)||(b)|
|7 SP3||M series
(M4000 or better)
|7 SP3||K series
(K5000 or better)
- use K420 or K620 for extra monitor
- NVIDIA Quadrosync required
- (1) and (2) apply
- (1) and (2) apply, avoid using one card for 2 or more mosaic screens: I.e. to create 3x1 + 2x1 + 3x1 use 3 cards (just one Mosaic per card). For 3x2 + 3x2 use 4 cards
- NVIDIA Quadrosync II card required for more than 2 cards. Spanning a Mosaic across multiple cards and using multiple cards to compute content is a P6000 feature (Win 10 1803,392 or better). P5000 and lower will just use one card for computing and use other cards just for additional outputs.
- There are known issues with shifted colour channels. In case try to use no or custom overlap and set it to a value so that each overlap will be a multiple of 8. I.e. if there is a 4x2 Mosaic of WUXGA (1920x1200) and the calculated effective screen size in pixels is 6631x1981:
4 vertical projectors mean 3 overlaps, therefore: 4 * 1920 = 7680, 7680 – 6631 = 1049, 1049 / 3 = 349.666, 344 is next lower multiple of 2, so set size to 4 * 1920 – 3 * 344 = 6648, so set size to 6648.
2 horizontal projectors means 1 overlap of 419, next lower multiple of 8 is 416, so set size to 1984.
- Connecting an extra monitor to the same card (3x1 Mosaic + extra monitor) works, if there is no overlap correction required. Otherwise use an additional card (P400 and above) to connect the extra monitor.
- There are known systems, where only legacy version (Anyblend 4.3, Anyblend VRSIM 4.3) is working. Upgrade of graphic hardware is recommended.
- NVIDIA Quadrosync II is recommended for multi GPU Mosaic. It is obligatory, if aspect correction is required (overlap compensation)
- Due to a bug in the Windows Desktop Manager and Microsoft Unified Graphics Driver applying warp and blend is unstable and leads to BSOD eventually.
- K Series is no longer supported. Try NVIDIA Quadro driver 392 or 384 and legacy version of Anyblend (AB 4.3.3). But there is no guaranty that it works.
- Rendering video across multiple cards is not working, takes a very long time to apply if overlap is set.
- In portrait mode, it can happen that applying warp&blend even without overlap will fail and lead to shifted output. A workaround is to use 4x2 landscape instead of 8x1 portrait mode and rotate the output during the calibration.
|Driver||Build||Release Date||Windows 10||Windows 7||Recommendation|
|R418 U3||419.67||2019-03-20||Download 64 Bit||not available||Download 64 Bit||not available||NVIDIA P-Series GPU with Anyblend 5 on Windows 10, see known issue (f)|
|R412 U5||412.16||2019-01-03||Download 64 Bit||not available||Download 64 Bit||not available||Single NVIDIA P-Series GPU with Anyblend 5 on Windows 10, see known issue (e)|
|R390 U8||392.00||2018-09-05||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit||All NVIDIA GPUs with Anyblend 4 on Windows 7 and 10|
|R384 U8||386.28||2018-03-27||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit||Download 64 Bit||Download 32 Bit||Legacy NVIDIA GPUs (K and M Series) with Anyblend 4 on Windows 7|
Previous Anyblend versions:
See GPU and operating system requirements and recommendations for Anyblend 4/VRSIM here: