The VIOSO licensing uses specific hardware features to lock a license to a specific PC. This is a similar procedure as used by many other software vendors. Usually, this fact is hidden in the background of a fully automated licensing procedure. However, for troubleshooting or to enable individual features, you might be asked by VIOSO to provide a hardware ID. This is how it is done.
1. Accessing the license viewer
The hardware ID of a PC is retrieved using the license viewer. It is part of VIOSO Anyblend and VIOSO Player.
a) Accessing the license viewer from a running VIOSO program
- VIOSO Anyblend: Click "License Info" (top right on the application window)
- VIOSO Player or VIOSO Calibrator: Menu "Help" - "Info about this program" - Click button "License"
b) Accessing the license viewer in case of an error:
- In case of an error the license management systems displays a message like this (example):
- Click the "?" icon on the bottom left corner of the message window. This will bring up the licence viewer.
2. Retrieving a hardware ID:
- Expand the node "Hardware ID"
- Note the ID that you have been asked to provide (we usually ask to provide ID #13 for Windows systems)
- Provide the quested hardware ID or simply send a screenshot of the licence manager window to whoever has requested it